Fennel, Cabbage, Cucumber Salad
- 1 1/4 lb of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 torpedo onions thinly sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved, cored and grated
- 1 slicing cuke, halved thinly sliced
- 1 cup creme fraiche or plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbs poppy seeds
To keep the vegetables crisp submerge the onions, cabbage, and fennel in separate bowls of ice water, for 30 min. Do the same with the cucumbers but add 2 tsp of salt to the water. After 30 min drain using a salad spinner and pat dry.
In separate large bowl whisk together the creme fraiche, vinegar, dill, and poppy seeds. Fold in the vegetables and serve immediately.
If you’re doing these together I’d recommend prepping the moussaka first and doing the salad while it is in the oven.
- 1 big eggplant ( a little over a pound)
- 3 skinny zucchini
- 1 1/4 lb red potatos
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 Tbs bread crumbs
- 1 bag shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 jar of favorite tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 480F ( hot I know)
Slice the veggies thinly (you may have to quarter the eggplant), if you have a mandolin now’s a great time to use it and toss with salt.
Cover bottom of a 9×13 with thin layer of breadcrumbs. Layer as following; potatoes, 1/3 of cheese, eggplant, zucchini, 1/3 cheese, eggplant, zucchini, tomato sauce, cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes at 480 then lower the temperature down to 390 and continue baking for 40 minutes until the top is browned and fork slides in easily.